Heart Centre North Rhine-Westphalia
University Clinic of the Ruhr-University Bochum
Clinic for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
D-32545 Bad Oeynhausen, Germany
Tel.: +49-5731 / 97-1914
Fax: +49-5731 / 97-1820
Birthplace: Koszalin, Poland
Birthdate: April 18th, 1958
- 1977-1983 Medical School: Pomeranian Medical Academy, Szczecin, Poland. M.D degree received October 1983
- 1997-1999 Ph.D. Program at the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (Director Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. R. Koerfer), Heartcenter North Rhine-Westfalia, University Hospital of Ruhr University Bochum Bad Oeynhausen, Germany, Doctor Thesis: „Cardiac Valve Redo Surgery – Indications, Risk Factors, Morbidity and Mortality“, Ph.D. degree received February 1999.
- 1983-1988 Residency training in general surgery at the 1st. Department of Surgery (Director: Prof. Dr. B. Nagay) and at the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (Director: Prof. Dr. S. Wiechowski), Pomeranian Medical Academy, Szczecin, Poland.
- 1988 board certified in general surgery by the Polish Board of Surgery
- 1990-1995 Residency in cardiac surgery at the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart and Circulation Center (Director : Priv. Doz. Dr. med H. Oster), Rotenburg a.d. Fulda, Germany, between 1994-1995 Senior Staff Member (Attending Physician)
- since 1995 Residency in thoracic surgery at the Department of Thoracic- and Cardiovascular Surgery (Director: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. R. Koerfer), Heart Center North-Rhine-Westfalia, University Hospital of Ruhr University Bochum, Germany, since October 1997 Senior Staff Member (Attending Physician).
- August 1997 board certified in cardiac surgery by the German Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Memberships of Professional Societies:
German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
adult cardiac surgery, minimal invasive and off-pump CABG