It is possible to observe the work performed at the Diabetes Center in all clinical areas. In addition to diabetology, focal points are endocrinology and gastroenterology.
External physicians or medical staff working in assisting professions can observe unpaid for an agreed period of time. They will be able to witness patient care, treatment processes and clinical routines. In addition, they can participate in morning meetings, ward rounds, training and counselling sessions.
Please submit your application at least 4 weeks in advance, stating the desired dates for your observation period.
- Observation is limited to a maximum period of 1 month
- Only applications containing all relevant documentation will be considered (your cv, observation goals, desired areas of work, proof of any medical qualifications)
- For foreign applicants: include a German Language certificate (to at least Level B2)
- The HDZ NRW will not reimburse any travel, food, accommodation or insurance expenses
- The HDZ NRW will not organize your accommodation
Written documentation of your observation period will be sent to you two weeks after completion, if not before. We request you to send us a written report of your observation period within eight weeks of completion.
Please send your application by post or email to:
Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h.c. Diethelm Tschöpe
Director Diabetes Center
Herz- und Diabeteszentrum NRW
University Hospital Ruhr-University of Bochum
D-32545 Bad Oeynhausen
Email: ieickhoff@@hdz-nrw.de oder pschugt@@hdz-nrw.de