The Heart and Diabetes Center NRW in Bad Oeynhausen provides employment for several different medical-technical occupational groups. Some examples:
Independent organization and coordination of working processes in the OR in collaboration with all other relevant occupational groups
- pre-, peri- and postoperative assistance
- optimum care of patients
- instrumentation in specialist surgical disciplines
- implementation of hygiene guidelines
- economic use of materials
- maintenance of instruments and medical devices
MTA is a collective term for several occupational groups providing technical assistance in medicine.
The HDZ NRW currently employs more than 470 medical-technical service personnel, including MTA with a focus on functional diagnostics, laboratory assistants and radiology assistants.
Medical-technical assistants for functional diagnostics (MTAF)
- examination of patients using medical devices following instruction by physicians
- diagnostics in four main areas: neurology (nerves), cardiology (heart and vessels), audiometry (hearing and balance) and pneumology (lungs)
Medical-technical laboratory assistants (MTLA, MTA-L)
- comprehensive laboratory diagnostics using more than 500 methods
- production of diverse blood products for transfusion medicine
- synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals for positron emission tomography (PET)
- establishment of methods, documentation and quality assurance
- participation in clinical studies and different university research projects
Medical-technical radiology assistants (MTRA, MTA-R)
- various activities related to X-ray diagnostics (computer tomography [CT], magnetic resonance imaging [MRI], X-ray, digital subtraction angiography [DSA]), radiation therapy, nuclear medicine and dosimetry.
Special benefits for MTAs and STAs at the HDZ NRW:
- we offer performance-oriented remuneration according to TVöD
- we offer an attractive working environment in highly motivated teams
- we offer structured induction with mentors and very good further training opportunities.