At the HDZ NRW, approximately 1,000 registered and highly qualified nurses are committed to caring for patients of all ages, many of whom have severe diseases. They are supported in their work by trained medical assistants. Our motivated ward secretaries and trusty welfare service providers relieve the nurses of all administrative and logistical tasks.
Specialist knowledge and human warmth are our daily inducement to give patients of all ages the best possible care, support and encouragement. We assist our patients and their families attentively and competently throughout their treatment.
At the HDZ NRW, high-performance medicine and high-performance nursing go hand in hand. This begins when we start to train our future colleagues, and continues with regular further training and specialization.
Our patients and their individual needs are always our focus – and every day we do our very best to help them.
- We are family-friendly:
- In 2018, the HDZ NRW was recertified with the quality seal „berufundfamilie“ (career & family) for the second time
- In 2017 and 2019, the HDZ NRW was awarded the regional quality seal „Familienfreundliches Unternehmen“ (family-friendly employer)
- In-hospital nursery for local families and operated by a parents‘ initiative with extended opening times (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Optional inclusion in our „reserve pool“ with selected working hours
- Family-oriented part-time work and special leave following completion of parental leave
- Employment during parental leave within legally permitted boundaries
- Always updated: contact platform for currently inactive employees
- Timetabling of shifts in accordance with wishes (where possible)
- (External) gratis counselling by the Oberhausen Berufsförderungswerk (vocational advancement center) for HDZ employees in special situations
- Counselling by the HDZ welfare service for HDZ employees with sudden care requirements at home
- Preventive healthcare & fitness, e.g. health days, gratis risk prevention, employees‘ fitness studio, various sports groups, nutritional counselling, cookery courses, stress handling and prevention courses
- Deferred compensation and pension plan information sessions.
Nursing in harmony with state-of-the-art high-performance medicine and human warmth guarantees the best possible treatment for our patients, with the lowest possible risk. The guiding principles for our work and communication are appreciation, transparency and commitment at all levels, as well as mutual respect, fairness and team spirit.
The focus of our work as nurses is always the patients, with their individual thoughts, feelings, needs and cultural background. As is required of us, we are carers, mediators, assistants, supporters and advisors for our patients and their families. This also includes a dignified approach to the dying and deceased.
Our work is based on standards developed by nurses and continually adapted to the latest scientific findings.
We seek to improve the quality of our nursing care through training, advanced training and further training, always supporting, assisting and encouraging our colleagues in the process. As a visible contribution to the professionalization of nurses, we promote the "freiwillige Registrierung für beruflich Pflegende“ (voluntary registration of professional nurses).